THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day
























































So, today was my first unofficial Memorial Day. I'm not calling it my official because well I haven't done anything yet. Its crazy to think though because this time next year I will have just finished my training and be posted somewhere. I wonder where!

It wasn't the best Memorial Day ever but oh well! We (Grandma, Mom, and Me) went to the National Veteran's Cemetery to watch the services. It looked like it was going rain but we went ahead and went. About 10:30 am it started pouring, we waited it out hoping it would stop and it didn't until a little after 11:00 am when the services began. By that time we were already soaked!!! We watched the march of flags, the prayer, and the national anthem and my mom decided she was ready to go (we were both wet and cold; grandma went and sat in the car before the real rain pour began). We got a few good pictures and I got to see the fun and important stuff.

We dropped off grandma and then headed home. Mom took a nap and I went and took a shower to get warm and dry.

Later that night we had a catered BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

That's about it for my first memorial day (unofficial or not). Here's a few pictures!

Heather

0 comments: